Job Location: Bethesda, MD
Key Job Functions
- Provide production support or technical support to users of a customized or proprietary application.
- May act as lead.
- Allocate work to staff, plan, communicate, evaluate and manage performance by staff.
- Assess needs for technical development of staff and provide formal or informal training opportunities to staff.
- Confer with management of client groups using application(s) supported by group and assess uptime, productive use of application, and needs for further development or enhancements to make application more useful.
- Plan and conduct regular or periodic meetings of staff responsible for maintaining applications in production to assess issues or bugs and plan strategy for addressing them.
- Plan, contribute to, or conduct projects for testing software enhancement, developing requirements for system enhancement, revision or development of application, or related projects.
- Provide two tier support to all applications and provide assistance to all end users and identify any issues in production.
- Maintain schedule jobs and perform troubleshoot on processes and resolve all issues.
- Provide training to various new employees and assist with expert knowledge on production processes.
- Document all production applications and resolve all application issues and answer all requests.
- Monitor all performance metrics for various production systems and identify root cause for all technical issues and recommend solutions.
- Analyze all applications and recommend necessary upgrades and patches and perform troubleshoot on all issues.
- Participate in periodic meetings and maintain all applications for productions and plan appropriate various strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree and 6+ years of related experience
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
- Experience in supporting all phases of SDLC.
- Knowledge of Operating Systems, Middleware, DB, Webservers.
- SQL Performance tuning.
- Unix commands, Unix Shell Scripting experience.
- Experience with ITSM Tools (Service Now or Remedy or any other ticket tracking tools).
- Understanding of database concepts Hands-on experience with SQL queries
- ITIL Foundation Certification (Preferred).
- Must be willing to provide on call support on a rotation basis for 24×7 support.